|FLSA StatusNon-Exempt||LocationSheridan, WY|
|DateJanuary 25, 2019||Closing|
This Senior Network technician position is a lead position that installs, provisions, maintains, tests, supports and oversees all technical support for all types of central office (CO) and outside plant facilities and equipment as well customer communications networks. Installs, programs, monitors and repairs all customer voice and data communications lines and equipment. Produces and modifies performance and statistical reports as requested by the Operations Manager and other management personnel. May work with and provide senior level guidance to other Technicians with installations and repairs as needed and assigned by Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs, configures, administers, troubleshoots and maintains existing fiber optic and copper infrastructure, and a variety of customer voice and data communications equipment.
- Maintains digital central office equipment including IP voice (Metaswitch), video and data switching equipment, IP gateways and media servers, SONET systems, Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Connection Oriented Ethernet (COE), Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer (DSLAM) and Digital Loop Carrier (DLC) units.
- Installs, services, maintains and removes all types of CO facilities including toll and subscriber carrier systems, fiber optic SONET systems, special service circuits, messaging systems and associated equipment.
- Performs routine and complex translations associated with IP voice, video and data switching equipment. Performs network translations and system provisioning to accommodate routing, trunking and service delivery changes.
- Installs support structures and cabling power distribution systems. Repairs and provides preventive maintenance on power supply equipment, fuses, rectifiers, standby generators, batteries and fiber or copper distribution panels.
- Tests, maintains, and evaluates performance of all other central office equipment. Performs acceptance testing of central office equipment installed by others.
- Tests and evaluates performance of central office and outside plant equipment by performing diagnostic tests to isolate trouble using electronic test equipment and performs necessary repairs using mechanical and electrical power tools.
- Coordinates with ACT Network Team to assure integration and interoperability of voice, video and data networks including all transport, access and switching systems.
- Coordinates with connecting companies when establishing, maintaining, and removing interconnection facilities, special service circuits and other voice, video and data transmission facilities.
- Monitors and records voice, video and data network utilization levels and makes recommendations on network augmentation to assure quality of service across entire network. Completes and submits all related records for central office and network equipment.
- May work with and provide senior level guidance to other Technicians with installations and repairs as needed.
- Primary contact for completing Access Service Requests and clearing network related trouble reports for the company.
- Provides support in coordinating with other departments on service installations and changes for updating billing, facility, and other company records. Completes installation and repair related forms and reports.
- Assists with the installation and provisioning of Company COE, DWDM, SONET, xDSL, VoDSL, VoIP, FTTx, leased line, ISP and DBS and switching networks and takes action to isolate and repair network and customer communications problems.
- Installs customer premise cable, Integrated Access Devices, DSL Modems, ONT’s and other CPE to support communications services.
- Assist in the installation of telecommunications Key and PBX systems and related communications hardware and data equipment to support customer services.
- Assists Engineering with various projects relating to outside plant or central office design and installation.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by Operations Manager.*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to an associate degree in electronics or related field PLUS seven to ten years of work experience in datacom or telecom equipment or service industry. Previous experience with one or more of the following is desirable: Wireless, VOIP, DLC, xDSL, VoDSL, DWDM, COE, SONET, Fiber Optic Cable technology.
Driver’s license. A state of WY low voltage license or ability to obtain
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime and/or travel will be required on occasion. This position is subject to on-call/callout. This is a Non-Exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.