|DateNovember 8, 2019||Closing|
Installs, programs, monitors and repairs all customer voice, data and DBS communications lines and equipment. Provides technical support for customer communications networks. Repair and maintain multi-line telephone key systems and PBX’s. Locate and splice communications cable. Operate equipment to install aerial or buried cable. Complete on-call shifts when assigned. Tower and pole climbing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs, configures, administers, troubleshoots and maintains existing fiber optic and copper infrastructure, and a variety of customer voice and data communications equipment.
- Ability to use standard and special purpose hand tools, equipment to splice and locate both copper and fiber optic cable
- Assists with the installation and provisioning of Broadband services, VoIP, FTTx, leased line, ISP and DBS networks and takes action to isolate and repair network and customer communications problems.
- Installs customer premise cable, DSL Modems, ONT’s and other CPE to support communications services.
- Coordinates with affiliated company personnel and contractors as required for the installation and deployment of voice and data network systems and applications.
- Assist in the installation of telecommunications Key and PBX systems and related communications hardware and data equipment to support customer services.
- Coordinates service installation, planning and scheduling with Facilities Assigner, subscribing customers, customer service representatives and installers.
- Monitors and assists with new customer service inquiries and existing customer trouble reports.
- Works closely with the accounting department to order, record and maintain inventory.
- Complete on-call shifts when assigned.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.*
*These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
Education and/or Experience
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to an associate’s degree in electronics or related field PLUS three to five years of work experience in datacom or telecom equipment or service industry.
WY Driver’s License and A WY Low Voltage License, or ability to obtain
The general work hours for this position are 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime will be required on occasion. This is a Non-Exempt position, subject to the overtime provisions of FLSA.
Send resume with cover letter and career opportunity form to:
Human Resources – ACT
PO Box 127
Forsyth, MT 59327
Email: email@example.com ; Fax: 406.347.2401